Liver and digestive disorders can affect your daily life and even limit your work routines, causing irritation and discomfort. These diseases can be extremely crippling and even fatal if ignored in their early stages.
The Department deals with various medical problems related to the Digestive System Liver pancreas and biliary system. It involves disorders of inflammatory bowel disease and Irritable bowel syndrome, malabsorption syndrome, GI Bleed, chronic diarrhea, constipation, peptic ulcer, reflex disease, Acute chronic liver failure, fatty liver, cirrhosis, portal hypertension malignancies of the system.
Why Choose Us?
At Indus, we have a team of well-trained Gastroenterologists who have extensive years of experience in the field and work tirelessly to maintain the department in a league of excellence. Our Department is dedicated to delivering services for prevention, diagnosis, and successful management of digestive tract and liver diseases for the past many years. Indus has a well-equipped endoscopy unit where diagnostic and
therapeutic endoscopic procedures are performed. Facilities exist for TIPS placement.
Conditions We Treat
Medical Gastroenterology includes endoscopy services at Indus Hospitals which offer excellent round-the-clock services for patients. Services offered can be grouped under the following heads:
- Outpatient services
- Endoscopy services
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Bleeding Peptic Ulcer: Injection therapy/Hemoclip
- Dilatation of Esophageal or Pyloric Stricture.
- NJ tube placement
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Day Care services including Diagnostic and Therapeutic paracentesis
- Inpatient services including the Intensive Care Unit
- Alcohol-related liver disease
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty liver disease
- Assessment of abnormal liver function tests
- Autoimmune-related liver diseases including Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, Primary Biliary Cholangitis and autoimmune hepatitis.
- Bile duct abnormalities
- Congenital liver disease
- Gall bladder disease
- Inherited and metabolic liver disease including Wilson’s disease
- Liver cirrhosis and its complications
- Liver tumors (benign and malignant)
- Vascular liver disease e.g. Budd-Chiari syndrome
- Viral hepatitis.